Eiffel better than Python ?

Robert J. Hansen rjhansen at inav.net
Tue Jul 3 06:10:47 EDT 2001

> I have read the following book which gives C/C++ heavy bashing

Well, the good news is C and C++ both deserve heavy bashing.  Then
again, so does Java, so does Ada95, so does Eiffel.  If I had a nickel
for every time I've seen someone say "solve the software crisis--ship
things on time, make reliable software, etc.--just by using Foo
language", well, I'd be sipping mai-tais on a South Pacific beach
instead of posting to USENET.

> Should I stop using Python and jump on Eiffel wagon ?

Do you *like* Python?

If so, then keep using it.

If you don't, then find a language you like.

It really is that simple.  :)