Guido van Rossum is secretly Rick Moranis

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Jul 20 20:06:00 EDT 2001

PeterPanCrunchy at rebeccaphillips.com wrote:
> I can prove that Guido van Rossum is secretly Rick Moranis.

> Rick Moranis, movie star:
> http://www.boxofficemania.com/actors/r/rick_moranis/rick_moranis.jpg

> Guido van Rossum, Python inventor:
> http://www.python.org/~guido/images/Guido@200dpi.jpg

ALERT ALERT ALERT to *ALL* PSU Operatives!

Why did this message slip through our PSU Usenet Snipper? I just read
this on a public Usenet feed! This is unallowable! People will be on
to our conspiracy soon. I've been doing a good job defusing the rumors
in the past, but if this keeps up we'll need the time machine *again*
-- we'll stretch the space-time continuum so thin we don't even have
to worry anymore about nanoviruses that eat our whitespace; it'll just
spontaneously evaporate!

The Rick Moranis thing was a level 5 secret, right up there with the
identity of the fourth official bot. This is extremely serious!

Ah... I just heard a worm took our Usenet Snipper offline temporarily.
They've fixed it now, and we