The Evolution Of Python

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sat Jul 28 15:11:30 EDT 2001

James Logajan wrote:

> b.1\ Or K&R C (in which Python was written for a long time to maximize
> portability) or ANSI C (which tried to maintain compatibility with K&R). A
> case where stagnation helped lead to success.

I believe that the stagnation followed success. The same may happen to
Python. If it is ever the "default programming language" then it will
become essentially impossible to change in any reasonable time frame.
Guido is trying to make the changes now because they won't be possible
then.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.