Case insensitivity

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 21 14:16:42 EDT 2001

Guido -

If the issue really is what is important for those
teaching and learning programming, rather than
some more abstract design goal  ---

Why not comment on Sheila's previous post - an
unambiguous report of an active and interested
member of the community backed up
by numbers of years of classroom teaching
experience.

Has case sensitivity been found to be a significant
issue?

"Not once."

Even surprised me a bit.

"Not once."

We - the interested community - are not going
to be able do better for you  than that.

ART

Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> writes:

> In an attempt to address the "why" of this problem, I have posted the
> following article to two mailing lists to which I belong, for AP
> Computer Science teachers:

Thanks, Sheila!  Finally someone who *does* something about this
rather than repeating old arguments... :-)  Looking forward to the