PyArg_Parse

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jul 4 07:01:05 EDT 2001

"Brian Quinlan" <BrianQ at ActiveState.com> writes:

> > This is a bit of a silly question, but where is PyArg_Parse
> > documented?
>
> Does that function even exist? PyArg_ParseTuple is documented at
> http://www.python.org/doc/ext/parseTuple.html

Yes, it's used with old-style (METH_OLDARGS) extension functions.

METH_OLDARGS is broken.  Don't use it in new code.  If you're using it
in old code, change the code.  Use METH_VARARGS and PyArg_ParseTuple,
which is documented above (in the wrong sodding manual...).

Cheers,
M.

--
  > Why are we talking about bricks and concrete in a lisp newsgroup?
  After long experiment it was found preferable to talking about why
  Lisp is slower than C++...
                        -- Duane Rettig & Tim Bradshaw, comp.lang.lisp