no traceback??

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Sun Jul 22 22:02:42 EDT 2001

"Rainy" <sill at optonline.net> wrote in message
news:slrn9lmd1p.1jk.sill at sill.silmarill.org...
> Hello,
>
> My program (http://silmarill.org/cymbaline/cymbaline/cymbaline.py -
yes,
> it's repeated 3 times, that's not an error) works fine in 2.1 but
exits
> silently in 2.0 - no traceback, no errors, nothing. One possibility
I checked
> for is except (something): sys.exit() and I don't have anything like
that here.
> What else could it be?

The only major innovation of 2.1 that I remember is nested scopes,
which only operate if you 'import' them.  Maybe one of the minor fixes
is saving you.  No one is going to read 100s of lines for you, so I
suggest adding print statements to see where you get to and what
values are changed.  Start in the if main section.