OO misconceptions (was: Re: Long Live Python!)

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Sun Jul 15 23:54:03 EDT 2001

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:15:17 GMT, tim at vegeta.ath.cx (Tim Hammerquist) wrote:

> I wouldn't implement a RDBMS in Python.

What a shame! Fortunately for us, someone else has.
See Gadfly

> An application's scalability has much more to do with the programmer's
> use of algorithms and abstraction than with the language in which it's
> implemented...no matter how much money ActiveState has invested in it.

Similar systems take longer to build correctly in C or C++ then in
Python. You could also write a scalable application in assembler, or
machine code -- it would just take longer.
--
gpg --keyserver keyserver.pgp.com --recv-keys 46D01BD6 54C4E1FE
Secure (inaccessible): 4BD1 7705 EEC0 260A 7F21  4817 C7FC A636 46D0 1BD6