User authentication in SOAP

Gilles Lenfant glenfant.nospam at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 25 11:46:42 EDT 2001

Hi,

I don't know exactly what's the structure of the SOAP library you're using.
I'm pretty familiar with Fred Lunth's xmlrpclib that has a transport layer
and a XML message parsing/marshalling layer.
If your SOAP library has a similar structure, you can subclass the http
transport layer to provide the basic http authentication support.
This is explained with source code in
http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/XML-RPC
That's the way we provide B2B confidential data to our customers back-office
application from a Zope server.
As the SOAP library from www.secretlabs.com in structured in a same manner
as their XML-RPC library (a Transport class), this should work (perhaps with
few hacking).
IMHO, including user credential in the SOAP message data section is not
secure.

Hope I helped.

--Gilles

hOz77.41$bXi.178337792 at news.telia.no...