Hardware API Failing

Nick Alcorso nalcorso at isw.net.au
Mon Jul 9 01:12:11 EDT 2001

I have written a C wrapper for an API which controls an ISA card and I
am attempting to create a python module which makes calls to this
wrapper.

The module seems to build fine, and work mostly, for example the calls
to all of the functions in the wrapper work (get called) and so do the
ones to the Hardware API, however though the calls to the wrapper
work, the calls to the API from the wrapper for some reason fail when
they are called from python.

If I use a test C app and link to the C wrapper then the hardware
calls work, also if I embed lua and script from that then the calls
work also.

I am wondering if there is something in the environment that prevents
python from controlling hardware?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Nick Alcorso