Time for a Python "distribution" ? was:Not enough Python library development

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 6 09:33:41 EDT 2001

    amk> Bruce Sass's suggestion of using the Debian package manager is a
    amk> good one, because apt really provides exactly what we need.
    amk> Unfortunately porting it to Windows or Mac is probably hard, so we
    amk> could just steal its interface (which seems similar to pyppm's) and
    amk> reimplement it in pure Python.

Couldn't RPM do similar things?  It's got a somewhat stronger relationship
to Python, so porting to Win/Mac might not be as difficult.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098