Is this a true statement: Part III

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat Jul 14 23:16:06 EDT 2001

In article <86vgkx3c49.fsf at hellcat.itga.com.au>,
Gregory Bond  <gnb at itga.com.au> wrote:
>aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:
>>
>> The contractor chose to use C++.  The DLL that was
>> delivered failed miserably in following the spec
>
>Surely that says much more about the quality of the contractor than
>the language they chose to use?

Overall, yes, but you've lost the context: my point was that a person
(me) who did not know C very well was able to recode that DLL correctly
in about a week.  I would *not* have been able to fix or rewrite the
code using C++; that's an indicator of the complexity of C++.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"How come we choose from just two people for President but more than 50
for Miss America?"  --AEN