distutils and python2.1

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Jul 18 10:32:39 EDT 2001

alf at leo.logilab.fr (Alexandre Fayolle) writes:
> python2 setup.py bdist_rpm
> the rpm I get will install in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages.
>
> Is there something I can tweak in the setup.cfg, maybe ?

There's a --python option to specify the path of the interpreter to use.
>From the output of 'python setup.py bdist_rpm --help':

  --python             path to Python interpreter to hard-code in the .spec
                       file (default: "python")
  --fix-python         hard-code the exact path to the current Python
                       interpreter in the .spec file

I think in your case --python=python2 would be sufficient.

--amk