re bad leadership

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Jul 24 11:18:38 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:48:00PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> it doesn't matter what the leadership says is right. The popular vote is
> against the stupid float '/' operator.

Really ? I don't see a popular vote. I just see a very long and very heated
discussion with a small group of repeat offenders (oops, did I say
offenders ? I meant posters) that just keep on proclaiming their
righteousness with little in the way of new arguments (either way, for that
matter.)

> MDFL you are wrong! Give up gracefully now!

I don't believe the BDFL is wrong, either. I did, but I changed my mind. I
gave up gracefully after long and careful (and un-heated) consideration, and
admitted I was wrong before :)

I strongly suspect the change will actually *fix* more code that was relying
on float inputs than it will break code that depended on int/int being
special-cased.

Robin, sorry, but you are wrong <wink>.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>