BURNING EARTHSHAKING Tuple Question

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jul 20 22:41:56 EDT 2001

kevin parks wrote:

> By the way is tuple pronounced tOOple (god i hope it is), or is it
> pronounced
> like the word "couple". Tuple like "couple" would be too high brow.

I've always heard it pronounced to rhyme with _couple_, but a
mathematician friend of mine insisted that it was pronounced the other
way.  When I checked a dictionary it said both were legal.

/  \ But we go on pretending / Stories like ours / Have happy endings
\__/ The Russian and Florence, _Chess_
    Esperanto reference / http://mirror/alcyone/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.