How popular is Python, anyway? (was: Long Live Python!)

Rainy sill at optonline.net
Thu Jul 12 22:05:37 CEST 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:42:30 GMT, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> In article <slrn9kpr3e.527.sill at sill.silmarill.org>, Rainy wrote:
>
>>I doubt I'll find a job using python any time soon. :/
>
> Probably not if you wait around for management to tell you to
> start using it.
>
> I use Python on my job because I decided to.  I'm probably
> luckier than most when it comes to being able to choose my
> tools.

whoops.. i posted this followup to a wrong message.

"I meant more like sending somewhere my resume saying I know python and did
this and that, and getting hired. I actually did use some python at my
previous job (some cgi/image manipulation). I was then asked to redo it
in perl :-/."

get it at: http://silmarill.org/cymbaline