Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at madcap.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 28 10:54:55 EDT 2001

According to Thomas Weholt <t-weh at online.no>:
> > - a Medusa-based soap_handler that does HTTP/1.1 server-side
>
> A quickie: Doesn't medusa provide far better performance than
> BaseHTTPServer?  Does anybody know?

Dunno. But as I keep saying on this newsgroup ;-), Medusa does HTTP/1.1
which provides persistent HTTP connections. BaseHTTPServer (really
BaseHTTPRequestHandler) is HTTP/1.0. If network latency is your app's
hotspot, this will make a difference.

> ( Ng Pheng Siong, you're a life-saver. This is exactly what I need.
> Thanks!!  :-))

Glad to be of service! ;-)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps