problem with sending email

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jul 3 11:22:11 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.994139704.17222.python-list at python.org>, Haris Lekatsas wrote:
>This works thanks!
>
>Unfortunately it makes my scripts less portable as the path to
>sendmail has to be specified (not always at /usr/sbin/sendmail)
>but this seems to be the only solution I have so far.
>I wonder if python's smtplib is broken.

Works for me.  All of my incoming e-mail at work goes through
Python's smtplib (on a Win32 system).  I did a fair amount of
testing under Linux and it seems well-behaved there also.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm EXCITED!! I want
                                  at               a FLANK STEAK WEEK-END!! I