Marking a Python COM server safe for Internet Explorer

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Jul 6 13:30:46 EDT 2001

"Bill Bell" <bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca> wrote in ...

> As a kind of default, Internet Explorer will ask the user's permission
> before instantiating an ActiveX control. However, one can
> implement IObjectSafety to inform IE that one's control is safe,
> thus sparing the user the need to respond to the dialog box.

I must have misunderstood. Are you telling me that IE has a security system
to detect potentially unsafe downloaded content, but that it won't use this
system if the downloaded content tells it there's no need?

How very Microsoft. I must have missed something.

regards
 STeve

--
http://www.holdenweb.com/