Language change and code breaks

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Jul 23 15:53:30 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum <guido at digicool.com> wrote:
[snip]
> You misunderstood the intention.  The programming
> environment should be case-preserving, and automatically correct
> identifiers to use the same case as used when they were defined.

Which programming environment do you want us to all use, though? I can
only see this if you add this functionality to the Python interpreter itself,
as you can't enforce everybody to use a particular editing environment,
right?

In fact my programming environment *currently* is case-preserving!
If I mispell 'Foo' as 'FoO' then the python interpreter will tend to issue
some complaints about this. How do you intend to improve this functionality?

Regards,

Martijn