C/Cygwin/Python

Matthew Turk m-turk at nwu.edu
Tue Jul 31 12:51:41 EDT 2001

Hi there.  I'm working on some 'back-end' stuff that I'm doing in C -
and I'm struggling through compiling it properly, which is an entirely
different question.

Essentially, I want to be able to use it on computers that don't run
Cygwin.  Is this going to work?  I certainly *don't* want to resort to
Visual C, since I have no idea how to operate in that environment, nor
do I own a copy.  I know that cygwin has the -Wno_cygwin or something
flag that'll compile without CYGWIN.DLL, but will that be sufficient
for compiling a python extension?

Thanks!

mjt