Unix Scripting Host

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sun Jul 1 00:41:31 EDT 2001

Please excuse this off-topicish post. I was looking for something similar to
the Windows Scripting Host in the Unix world: a library where an application
can register functions and types that can then be used by any scripting
language that bothers to implement the "Unix Scripting Host" interface. The
application language should not be limited to C or C++.

The closest thing I could find was XPCOM from the Mozilla project. I thought
that KDE2 or GNOME might offer this already, but I didn't find anything (except
the relatively heavyweight CORBA approach).

Any suggestions/pointers?

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage