MySQLdb - possible without install?

Ken ken_chiba at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:26:22 EDT 2001

I'm no expert with this at all... could I get some pointers?  I'm
assuming that you're saying that I need to compile MySQLdb with the
MySQL and Python versions that my provider uses.  This will result in
the creation of a MySQLdb directory in the site-packages directory of
Python.  Does it produce anything else?

After this is created, do I just copy that directory (MySQLdb) to a
MySQLdb directory on the provider side (in this case.. within
cgi-bin)?  And finally, what line can I put within my scripts to pull
this information in? (ie.:  import ??)

How can this keep track of what directory MySQL and Python are in? (or
are there configuration files that I can change - AFTER the compile?)

Thanks for your help,

kc