Windows RAS manipulation

Antonio Navarro Navarro hostmaster at bemarnet.es
Mon Jul 2 11:44:00 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I need to write a stand-alone Python application that will run like a
daemon (started at windows boot) to create a Phonebook entry on a
Windows 95 machine, start up a connection, make some FTP transfers and
then hang up and delete the connection.

I have been reading the mailing list and have found several references
to win32ras.CreatePhonebookEntry, EditPhonebookEntry, etc, but I don't
know if this functions are fully functional.

Where can I find more info, for example a working script that
creates-connect-disconnect-deletes a phonebook entry in Python ?

Do you think It will be better to use a different approach ? (I prefer
not to use rasdial.exe, because I need to obtain full control of the
connection process).

Thank you in advance, best regards,

Antonio Navarro Navarro
BemarNet Management