Tracebacks & bug-squashing (was Re: [TO]What's the big deal with EJB? [Re: PEP scepticism]

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Fri Jul 6 01:59:10 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> Python, and for those (small extensions) it seems I'm about 4
> times more productive in Python than in C++.  I have no personal

And even more important than raw development-phase productivity is how
quickly bugs that surface in a production environment are fixed. I
would assume that pythons traceback dump would give it a 100x speed
boost compared to C++'s protection faults... after a month of running,
and with not-fine-grained-enough log entries.

Automatic traceback is god. With C++ (VC++ & windows), I don't even
get an automatic description of the exception thrown. With quake &
such obvious C++ projects, I could hardly care less but in a mission
critical environment...

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection