OO misconceptions

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Jul 16 22:39:59 EDT 2001

Me parece que Rainy <sill at optonline.net> dijo:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:24:40 GMT, Tim Hammerquist <tim at vegeta.ath.cx> wrote:
> > All very good points. I have certain reservations, tho.  I dread
> > waiting for Microsoft Word to startup as it is, written in compiled C++.
> > I fear for the speed of anything of that scale and complexity
> > implemented in Python.
>
> I don't know this for a fact, but I heard someone saying that he/she
> received some errors in Word97 (or maybe 2k) that demostrated word's
> internal reliance on some sort of scripting language, most likely
> VBscript. Can anybody confirm this?

Microsoft provides VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) as a glue
language to script all of its 'Office (9\d|2000)' applications. It's
like VBScript'ing ASP, but with a different environment.  I don't know
if this is what this person found, but it's likely.  But I don't think
that Word et al. "rely" on it.

--
But the price of getting what you want
is getting what you once wanted.