subclassing Exceptions

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jul 22 15:18:17 EDT 2001

Sheila King wrote:

> I'm trying to see the "big picture". I'm a "big picture" kind of gal.
> don't feel comfortable working with just bits and pieces...just enough
> information (in the information-giver's opinion) for me to get by.
> Does this mean there is something wrong with me? Should I be satisfied
> with the docs only?

Not necessarily, but I'm still not sure what you're asking for.  You say
you want the "big picture," but your queries seem too general to pin
down exactly what part of the "big picture" (if any) you're missing,
particularly since you have access to and have read the library
reference section on exceptions.Exception.

Why not try asking some very specific questions, with code if necessary,
and see where that takes you?

/  \ Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.
\__/ James Thurber
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.