Long Live Python!

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Thu Jul 12 16:10:53 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Rainy wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:29:21 +0100, phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:47:50 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>>I tend to think of Python more as an extremely effective and maintainable
>>>general-purpose programming language, which happens also to work
>>>very well when applied as a "scripting language" (whatever that means).
>>
>> To me it means "good for short programs <100 lines". Bear in mind
>> that 100 lines of Python is equivalent to 300 lines of Java or 400
>> lines of C++.
>>

>I meant more like sending somewhere my resume saying I know python and did
>this and that, and getting hired. I actually did use some python at my
>previous job (some cgi/image manipulation). I was then asked to redo it
>in perl :-/.

...and you wrote automated Python->Perl routine in Python?

*

I've redone cgiforum in Python and that saved as from REAL intrusion:
Python code was immune for "../../../etc/passwd\0"-path exploit while Perl
was not! he-he. That was before I learned to check every CGI-input.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Thursday, July 12, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/