newbie projects

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 25 00:26:15 EDT 2001

fett at tradersdata.com wrote:

> Uh I know this sounds knda dumb but anyoone have a job that they want
> done cheap or for free that doesnt have to be done by a professional,
> because im not one by any stretch of the immagination.  But i need some
> type of project to do to help me hone my skills.

Why not contribute your efforts to a worthy open-source project,
like maybe one of the ones on SourceForge?  Giving your time away
to a commercial enterprise would be silly, unless you are
specifically hoping to turn that into future work for the same
company.  And even then working on the open-source project might
end up providing you more lasting value.  And fun.  (Just a thought.)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com