Language change and code breaks

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.Com
Fri Jul 20 12:27:44 EDT 2001

phil hunt wrote:
[ Elided. ]

> message = Message()
>
> but this is bad practise anyway, IMO.

Why is that bad practice? What problems do you think this causes?

I never used that convention much until after I had been exposed to ASN.1,
where it is a common convention to have identifiers differ from type names
only by a change of case in the first letter. In ASN.1 type names start with
upper case and instance names start with lower case. Obviously the ITU
didn't see any problems with that convention.

I have never run into any problems at all with that convention and actually
find it quite useful.