Not enough Python library development [was PEP scepticism]

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jul 4 19:42:23 EDT 2001

Paul Prescod <paulp at activestate.com> wrote:
[how to get to a catalog]
> Incremental steps are the only path that will lead to success.

Right; we can always replace what we have at any point and throw the
old stuff away (or better revise it and add the dependencies/security/
whatnot).

Anyway, you can consider the PEP '2' proposal I posted today as such
an incremental step. It is focused on the standard library but the model
would be suitable for a high quality catalog system too.

Regards,

Martijn