Why database modules are incomplete

Tom Jenkins tjenkins at devis.com
Tue Jul 10 12:01:58 EDT 2001

Edward Wilson wrote:

> What would be constructive for Python would be for others to donaite
> ther time to testing your work just as you donante your time writing
> extensions in the first place.  This gets at the "Workgroup"
> mentality/approach I have been talking about.  In other words, it's
> not enough for you, working alone to produce a great Sybase extension.
>  Rather, those of us who hope to use your module should be willing to
> help build it, lending our time as testers.  My personal feeling is
> that if ten or twenty folks would jump in and help you out, in a year
> (working part-time) Python could have a diamond hardened Sybase
> module.  If the same were done with Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2,
> Python too could have a serious killer app in the way of db
> accessibility.  Python is way cooler than PL/SQL or any other language
> used for writing db apps for that matter.

Ed -
You keep harping on this whole Oracle, SQL Server blah, blah, blah
issue.  Do you not realize that DCOracle is written, maintained, and
supported by Digital Creations for use in their clients applications?
And mxODBC is also written and supported for a fee by the author's
corporation?

What more do you want?

--
Tom Jenkins