pb with xmlrpclib

Alexandre Fayolle alf at leo.logilab.fr
Fri Jul 6 10:23:06 EDT 2001

On 6 Jul 2001 14:57:27 +0100, Doug Fort <dougfort at dougfort.net> wrote:

>The XML-RPC standard only supports ASCII text.  (I found this our from the
>new O'Reilly book 'Programming Web Services with XML-RPC'.  The book is
>pretty light weight (I skimmed it in an hour) but it has some worthwhile
>tidbits.

Thanks for the reference, I'll try to get my hands on it. However, right now,
I'm  just using xmlrpc as a nice, quick and lightweight way of doing rpc
between two python applications. (if someone can suggest another method,
as easy as this one, I'll be glad to give it a try).

Concerning the ascii stuff, could someone then explain to me what is meant
on http://www.pythonware.com/products/xmlrpc/index.htm by :
"xmlrpclib 0.9.9 (aka 1.0b1) is now available. This is a development
release (hopefully the last one before 1.0 final), which adds support
for encodings, Unicode, and HTTPS transports." ?

TIA

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).