python-mode and py-python-command

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Jul 4 15:02:22 EDT 2001

Hello!

How do I tell Emacs to call specific Python interpreter
within a certain file with Python code?

I know that for this I need to set up py-python-command
variable, but how to do it?

1. With

set-variable

(You know, Lisp is super intuitive ;-)

2. With eval-expression I managed to

(setq py-python-command "/usr/bin/python2.1")

but it has no effect in the decision which Python to run :-(

3. What is wrong with this (at the end of file)?

% Local Variables:
% mode: python
% py-python-command: \"/usr/bin/python2.1\"
% End:

(do i need to put some control characters after End: ?)

Thank you!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Wednesday, July 04, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/