[TO]What's the big deal with EJB? [Re: PEP scepticism]

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 16:52:58 EDT 2001

"Neil Schemenauer" <nas at python.ca> wrote in message
> Alex Martelli wrote:
> > From my personal experience: I get roughly a 15-20% increase of
> > productivity in Java.
>
> Could you estimate the figure for Python?  I haven't done enough C++ or
> Java to judge myself.

Haven't done *identical* projects in C++ and Python yet, except
for Python extensions prototyped in Python then coded with Boost
Python, and for those (small extensions) it seems I'm about 4
times more productive in Python than in C++.  I have no personal
experience doing the same task in Python and Java, yet.

Alex