Debugging status 7/01

Leo Lopes leo at iems.nwu.edu
Tue Jul 3 11:35:29 EDT 2001

Dear Friends,

        Would you like to share what are you doing for debuggers? I just
installed the newest ddd, and I have py 2.0. after playing around with a
few symbolic links, I was able to get the debugger to work inside the
ddd window, but ddd still seems unable to obtain all the correct info.

        I used to use idle about a year ago, but my RH7 system doesn't like the
tk libraries needed to get that to work. I see @ www.python.org that
python 2.1 has rpms that seem to solve the problem, but I definetely
prefer ddd working to idle 0.5. Who is using idle nowadays? What are
your opinions? Has anyone been able to get ddd working properly with
2.0? 2.1?

Thanks!
Leo.
Leonardo B. Lopes                                      leo at iems.nwu.edu
Ph.D. Student                                             (847)491-8470
IEMS - Northwestern University             http://www.iems.nwu.edu/~leo