how on earth do i get a drive list?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at home.com
Thu Jul 26 16:09:47 EDT 2001

"G. Willoughby" <thecalm at NOSPAM.btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:9jpqlh$phf$1 at uranium.btinternet.com...
> how on earth do i get a drive list? i've been searching for a
command to
> display a tuple or list containing all available drives, but i can't
find
> it! is it just me or are the standard python docs quite confusing.
oh well
> any ideas out there?

[When asking questions like this, include platform and version, as in
sys.version]

This would be an os specific operation.  If there is anything
standard, it would be in os module (and added since I last read it).
On unix, I believe you can read mount directory or use
os.system(command).  In Windows machine, there is a windows module. Do
not know contents