SocketServer and threading mixin?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 13 15:34:24 EDT 2001

Greg Copeland <gtcopeland at earthlink.net> writes:

> I've been following the bug report on the SocketServer module
> and how it is broken with the threading mixin.  The bug report
> has been closed and the people that posted offered several
> solutions, however, from what I've seen, SocketServer, the
> module, is still broken and requires a minor patch or two to
> work correctly.

Maybe I should explain how the bug fixing process works.  When we fix
a bug in CVS, we close the bug report, because there's no reason for
us to be reminded of the bug.  Of course, that doesn't magically
update everybody's copy of the buggy module, but once it's fixed in
CVS, it will automatically be part of the next release.

For those who can't wait until the next release, the fixed module can
be retrieved using CVS.  If you don't have CVS, you can browse the CVS
tree on-line at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=5470

> Does anyone know what the plans are to address
> this issue down the road?  Will there be an interim python release
> which addresses this???  Would be nice since there is seemingly
> lots of people that don't want to have to their user base patch
> or replace python modules.

It's fixed in the 2.1.1c1 release that I announced today.