Python: Database to Web Part II

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Fri Jul 6 20:19:31 EDT 2001

On 6 Jul 2001, Edward Wilson wrote:

> I have been hoping that someone else would write Oracle, DB2, and SQL
> Server drivers/modules for Python, so I wouldn't have to.  Mostly
> because I haven't had time, and also because such an undertaking is
> better suited for a group with a formal review board rather than an
> individual code Maverick.

But... this kind of stuff is already there.. There's mxODBC for
starter, plus a few native drivers. I use python for all kinds of
stuff, but mostly for web-based frontends to databases. The DB-API is
standardized and works just fine. If you want a higher level of
abstraction, you can do that too.. I built an object-relational
mapper on top of it and it works just fine too.

And if you're on microsoft, you can also just use ADO.. Python
supports COM..

There really is no problem here..

Cheers,

- Michal