MS SQL Server

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Sat Jul 7 03:01:06 EDT 2001

>> P.S.  Ob.Vapour #1: I have some more appropriate software under
>> development but do not want to announce it until it is ready...

I am trying to get the time to get to first public release...  I have
a few more days of development to go, but it might be of interest now...

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/

Even if you do not start using it for real work I would be interested
to hear about any results of testing...

David> in our shop, we work with ms sql server databases from linux
David> clients using mxodbc and the easysoftt odbc-odbc bridge.

David> so far, this has been successful.

At some stage (in my ample spare time) I might try compiling my Sybase
and MSSQL modules with the FreeTDS libraries.  This will provide a
100% free non-proprietary solution.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au