Two Simple Qs:

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Tue Jul 17 14:41:32 EDT 2001

newgene (newgene at bigfoot.com) wrote:
> 1. How can I run a simply Python script under IDLE directly?

Under the "Edit" menu, you'll find a "Run Script" option. You can do
the "Run Script" thing directly by hitting Control-F5. This works from
the Editor window (where you are editing your script) but it doesn't
work from the "*Python Shell*" window.

> 2. When I made some modification of my own module after I import this
> module,python can not recognized the modified module even I import it
> again.

After you do "import mymodule" and then later make changes in mymodule.py,
type "reload(mymodule)" to pick up the changes. Be sure to save the file
first, but IDLE should warn you if you've forgotten to save it.

--
 22nd century: Esperanto, geodesic | Will Ware
 domes, hovercrafts, metric system | wware at world.std.com