Calculus

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Tue Jul 3 13:03:32 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 08:55:32AM -0400, Andrew Todd wrote:
| I wrote:
| >Is there a calculus module? I couldn't find one.
|
| Sheila King wrote:
| >What are you talking about? Do you mean a newsgroup for
| >discussing calculus?
|
| No. I probably was too brief. I meant a module for Python
| that has functions commonly used in Calculus. For example,
| the Simpsons Rule, and the formula that allows you to find
| the error. Sorry for the confusion.

It's not hard to implement it your self (Simpson's rule, Newton's
Method, and some others anyways) and make it general enough to solve
any polynomial (take a reference to a function that takes a single
float argument).  I had to implement it in C for a class once, but we
hardcoded the function in it.

-D