OpenMP

Curtis Jensen cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 3 10:37:12 EDT 2001

Python 1.52
IRIX 6.5
Fortran 77
using Pearu Peterson's FPIG

We're trying to get on of our fortran modules to us OpenMP.  We're
having some strange behaviors.  We are using 5 different fortran
modules.  Only one of them is using OpenMP.  Only that one has the
OpenMP library linked in.  However, that module affects the behavior of
the others.  If we don't import the OpenMP module, then everything works
normal.  Once that module gets imported, some things work a little
strange.
Right now, it seems to only be the OPEN function for opening files.  We
have to open a file as 'NEW' if we want to read it.  Anyone have any
clues as to why importing the OpenMP module would affect other modules
in this way?  Thanks.

--
Curtis Jensen
cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu