PEP scepticism

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 2 13:47:30 EDT 2001

In article <cppubkkbhf.fsf at cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com>,
	Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:
> bernhard at intevation.de (Bernhard Reiter) writes:
>
>> Having started the topic I cannot remember the original point
>> having been made ever before.
>
> It sounded to me like the usual complaint that Python was acquiring
> too many new features.

That was not my intention.
Python has to acquire some more features and evolve.
And I know that good arguments have been made for all what was changed.

What I've noticed is that I believe that the majority of people
contributing to the decisions are not the average python programmer
and therefore more likely to be in favour of things which might
be unnecessary for the average user. I thought this was valuable to
share so you can keep it in mind.

Apard from that I am grateful to the whole python development team
and the community for its good work.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)