license suggestions?

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 11 21:41:25 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi wrote:

> Microsoft world accuses GPL of being "viral".

Well, the GPL *is* viral. The irksome thing about that
Microsoft license is that it defines "viral" in a way
that includes ALL open-source licenses, even though
most of them are not in the least bit viral by the
commonly understood meaning of the term in this
context.

So it's not the GPL they're slandering, it's all
the other open-source licenses.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg