Is Python Dead? Long Live Python!

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Thu Jul 12 09:10:54 EDT 2001

We run Solaris at my company, and Perl comes bundled with the Sun machines.  It's easier to ask someone to look at Perl because it's an existing part of every Solaris installation.  Since Python is not pre-bundled with Solaris, I need to ask the Unix administration to install it.  I could sell either language if Python were bundled with Solaris like Perl is.  Which raises an interesting question.  Why do companies like Sun include Perl but not Python with their operating systems?