Large File Support

Rod MacNeil rmacneil at interactdirect.com
Mon Jul 23 13:57:13 EDT 2001

Thanks for your response Art.

I tried   $ ./configure OPT="-O2 ${CFLAGS}"
but I got an error from make.

The following solution worked, or seems to. But I'm not a C programmer so I
need to find out if it is correct to do it this way:

1. Run ./configure

2. Edit Makefile and add the following options to the OPT=  line near the
top:      -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

3. Run make.

Can you tell me if this incorrect in some way?

Thanx

Rod MacNeil

news:lru207zoqx.fsf at haasart1.dhcp.wg.waii.com...