perl2py - In progress! :-)

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 27 07:13:28 EDT 2001

François Pinard:
> * Scanner: a good part of it is written.  Some difficult issues
>   remain, like the disambiguation of '/' from patterns, and
>   various `s' like operators. For sure, it will never be fully Perl
>   compatible, yet I think we could get similar interpretations
>   most of times, in practice.

   The Perl lexer built into Scintilla tries to disambiguate "/" by keeping
a 'preferRE' hint which is set to true after most operators (regular
expressions mostly appear after assignment operators or "(") and after
keywords and reset after variables, ")" or "]". Its not accurate but it
works on most real code.

   Neil