Python 2.1.1 release 'schedule'

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Jul 1 18:12:48 EDT 2001

This is just a heads-up to everyone. I plan to release Python 2.1.1c1
(release candidate 1) somewhere on Friday the 13th (of July) and, barring
any serious problems, the full release the friday following that, July 20.

The python 2.1.1 CVS branch (tagged 'release21-maint') should be stable, and
should contain most bugfixes that will be in 2.1.1. If you care about
2.1.1's stability and portability, or you found bugs in 2.1 and aren't sure
they are fixed, and you can check things out of CVS, please give the CVS
branch a try: just 'checkout' python with

cvs co -rrelease21-maint python

(with the -d option from the SourceForge CVS page that applies to you) and
follow the normal compile procedure. Binaries for Windows as well as source
tarballs will be provided for the release candidate and the final release
(obviously) but the more bugs people point out before the final release, the
more bugs will be fixed in 2.1.1 :-)

Python 2.1.1 (as well as the CVS branch) will fall under the new
GPL-compatible PSF licence, just like Python 2.0.1. The only notable thing
missing from the CVS branch is an updated NEWS file -- I'm working on it.
I'm also not done searching the open bugs for ones that might need to be
adressed in 2.1.1, but feel free to point me to bugs you think are
important!

2.1.1-Patch-Czar-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>