FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Leo aeoo at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 30 17:44:24 EDT 2001

Not that my opinion matters much, but just in case someone else agrees
with me, I will post it anyway.

I like the direction that Python is taking.  However I only have one
request.  Check out how Ruby handles accessor creation.  I think it
has a very simple and clean syntax with minimum of typing.

I like the idea of get/set stuff, but it needs to become
super-convinient to type in order for it to be used more widely.  I
would prefer for there being a fast way of telling Python that a
certain class variable is get-enabled, set-enabled, or both without
actually having to manually type out the accessor methods.

Because plain accessor methods always do the same thing, it's a shame
to waste any lines on them, imo.  It's just a repetitive typing that
brings no new information.  Only when someone wants to override
default accessors does it make sense to type it out, imo.

Just my $.02. :)  This is not meant to be a flame, just a request or a
question, that's all.