list and implicit continuation may cause bugs in Python programs

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jul 12 13:47:19 EDT 2001

[Andreas Jung]

> >It should check because this is poor writing style to have concatenation
> >of strings written with such a vertical alignment.  "url" and "previews"
> >have no kind of logical vertical alignment, and a good checker should
> >consider this as suspicious.

> Is there a common opinion what "poor writing style" is ? :-)

Surely not.  My mother often said to me:

  "Des goûts et des couleurs, on ne discute pas.
   Mais il y en a de meilleurs que d'autres..."

(roughly translated: "People should never discuss about what is good taste.
Yet, some people have better taste than others.").

In practice, there is some common sense that could emerge, and on which
we could rely, more or less.  More than less, actually! :-)